The GNU Mailing List Manager, which manages email discussion lists much like Majordomo and Smartmail. Unlike most similar products, Mailman gives each mailing list a web page, and allows users to subscribe, unsubscribe, etc. over the web. Even the list manager can administer his or her list entirely from the web.
Mailman also integrates most things people want to do with mailing lists, including archiving, mail <-> news gateways, and so on. It has all of the features you expect from such a product, plus integrated support for the web (including web based archiving), automated bounce handling and integrated spam prevention.
- Web based list administration for nearly all tasks, including list configuration, moderation (post approvals), management of user accounts.
- Web based subscribing and unsubscribing, and user configuration management. Users can temporarily disable their accounts, select digest modes, hide their email addresses from other members, etc.
- A customizable home page for each mailing list.
- Per-list privacy features, such as closed-subscriptions, private archives, private membership rosters, etc.
- Configurable (per-list and per-user) delivery mode
- Regular (immediate) delivery
- MIME digest
- Plain (RFC 934) digests
- Integrated bounce detection within an extensible framework. Automatic disposition of bouncing addresses (disable, unsubscribe).
- Integrated spam filters.
- Automatic web-based Hypermail-style archiving, with hooks for external archivers such as MHonArc.
- Integrated Usenet gatewaying.
- Integrated auto-replies.
- Majordomo-style email based commands.
- Multiple list owners and moderators are possible.
- An extensible mail delivery pipeline.
Available List Hosting Plans
We provide high-quality mailing list hosting using the Mailman list management program. Should you need a custom solution please contact us. We are more than happy to accommodate your needs.
|up to 2000 = $9.95/month
2001-5000 = $15.95/month
|Set-up Fee||$25.00 per list|
|Minimum Term||30 days|
|Importing Charges||Self-serve or $10/1,000 subscribers|
Discussion- and Newsletter-type lists:
|Private Branding*||(your domain) $45.00 setup,
up to 2000 = $14.95/month
2001-5000 = $20.95/month
|Distribution||Email and Web: Regular, Digest, No-mail (vacation mode)|
|Multiple List Managers||Yes|
* Private Branding is available for domains registered and hosted with us. Canonical domains are allowed as long as the primary domain is registered and hosted with us.
Should you require mailing list services for lists that are larger than 5,000 subscribers, please contact us for a Private Mailing List Server account.